INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website and/or a particular service provided by us (e.g. a newsletter). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us or submit a contribution to the Website, we may keep a record of that correspondence or contribution and any personal information contained in or on it.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages.
Please note: 'Cookies' cannot harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information in the cookies we create, but we do use information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site (see above).
Furthermore you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
WHAT WE USE THIS INFORMATION FOR
We use information collected and held about you in the following ways:
- To personalize the way content is presented to you according to your individual preferences and interests.
- For service administration, which means we may contact you in connection with services (e.g. newsletter services) or products that you request from us or with queries about your registration.
- To provide you with information, products, or services which we consider may interest you, or to allow selected third parties to do the same, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To contact you in connection with contributions you make to the Website. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate, or objectionable content in or to the Website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior, we may use your personal information to prevent such behavior.
- For statistical and marketing analysis.
- For the purposes of administering, maintaining, developing, and improving the Website.
- To notify you about changes to the Website and/or our services.
- You will not receive unsolicited marketing communications from us and/or from third parties selected by us unless you have expressly agreed to this.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our organsiation, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
To the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or to fulfil any request you have made for particular services.
In the event that we sell all or substantially all of our business or assets to a third party, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets, and may sell and transfer personal data collected through the Website in connection with and pursuant to the sale of any such business or assets. Special categories of data and data subject to confidentiality regulations (such as data revealing racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs) will not be disclosed without prior consent of the data subject, except where it is strictly necessary and demanded of Connect Sport Ltd to prevent threats to state and public security or to prosecute serious crimes.
For marketing purposes (by third parties), but only where you have consented to such disclosure when submitting your personal information.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; to operate our systems properly; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Connect Sport Ltd, or others.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS STORED
The Website is accessible via the internet and so may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the site from outside the EEA. This means that where you choose to post your data on a public area of the Website, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by choosing not to check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Connect Sport Ltd directly and asking us to cease contacting you for such purposes.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can ask to review personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected by contacting Connect Sport Ltd directly.
Receive weekly news and get ConnectSport updates direct to your inbox