Disability Sports Coach provides award-winning sport and physical activity opportunities for disabled people in London. Most notably, Disability Sports Coach deliver 13 Community Clubs, as well as activities for organisations and inclusive sport training workshops. Since 2005, DSC have delivered sport and physical activity to over 60,000 disabled people, trained over 5,000 people through inclusive workshops and supported over 300 organisations to make their sessions inclusive.
Disability Sport Coach's award-winning Community Clubs are specialist, weekly sports activities for all disabled people. The purpose of the Community Club network is to ensure disabled people are more active, more often, whilst being integrated in their local community with the opportunity to develop independency and social skills. Community Clubs aims and objectives are:
1. Improve disabled people’s physical, mental and social wellbeing by attending weekly sessions, competitions and annual events
2. Provide support to ensure members are able to access other opportunities to be more integrated in their local community
3. Support and train disabled people and their network to become volunteers and coaches, creating a more representative workforce
The importance of regular activity cannot be underestimated. Here at Disability Sports Coach we can offer expert, inclusive activities tailored to meet your needs.Providing recreational sports and physical activity coaching for disabled people of all ages is one of our charity’s key functions. Our coaching services are extremely flexible and can be tailored to meet the needs of the participants and can vary from:
- Introductory sessions where our coaches teach basic skills
- Skill sessions where we introduce more technical skills, tactics and small sided games in specific sports
Whether you are an experienced coach or work with disabled people, we offer a range of courses to support you to be more knowledgeable in delivering sport for disabled people. All courses are introductory and are ideal for coaches, teachers, volunteers and anyone working with disabled people who want to be able to support the delivery of inclusive sports sessions. Courses range from practical, theoretical and Elearning and are all certified, Skills Active accredited.
- Adapted Sports Course – Learn 5 Paralympic & Adapted Sports in one
- Inclusive Coaching Workshop - Adapt mainstream sports sessions for different impairment types
- Disability Awareness in Sport – Learn principles of disability sports coaching & general disability awareness
House of Sport, 190 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4YB
Receive weekly news and get ConnectSport updates direct to your inbox